Pato: I'm the best Brazilian striker,

Pato: I'm the best Brazilian strikerThe former AC Milan forward scored for Sao Paulo on Sunday and subsequently expressed his belief that he should be in Dunga's upcoming squad for games against Chile and Venezuela
Alexandre Pato insists he is the best striker available to Brazil manager Dunga and says that he expects to be named in the next Selecao squad.

The former AC Milan striker scored his 22nd goal of the season for Sao Paulo against Gremio on Sunday, as he bypassed the opposition defence before smashing home from the edge of the box.

And, following his goal, a jubilant Pato expressed his belief that he is the finest Brazilian striker currently playing.

"I want to return to the Selecao, that's my aim. It [the squad] will be announced on Thursday, and I deserve to be in the national team. I am the best Brazilian striker, I don't see anyone better,” Pato told TV Bandeirantes’s Terceiro Tempo ahead of the announcement of the squad to face Chile and Venezuela.

"I can be there, I can help team-mates, either as false nine, on the left, on the right, but it’s Dunga's decision.”

Pato was heavily linked with a move to the Premier League in the summer, with Tottenham mooted as potential suitors, but no move materialised.

No comments

Post a Comment

Home